Monday, February 4, 2008

A little field trip

Sorry that my text is all squished together... I need to figure it out but seriously, I seem to have problems... I'm working on it! Did you get scared by an out-of-province car with stuff sticking out of it and people wedged in with IKEA bags cushioning them this past weekend? That might have been me.... but don't worry, it wasn't supposed to be that dramatic! In usual Knittinchick fashion, I decided that I'd try to do a little project that would be easy schmeezy. My master bedroom has never been the most gorgeous place to be in... I tend to make my Superstore decorating budget go to places like the living room where others will notice (I know it sounds shallow... but whatever!) But 2008 is the Taking My Life Back year. I am now going to have a cool master bedroom and do things that are taking my life back! So... I go to IKEA to get the Expedit bookshelf so my room. BUT they wanted to charge $80 for delivery. No worries, my dad is coming into town on the weekend. He can figure it out for me. So... Bargainista and Building Guy (the parents) come into town, we troll through IKEA for 90 minutes, I purchase the bookshelves twenty minutes before closing and we roll out the boxes to their car. We seem to be having some challenges getting both the boxes into the car. So... Dad feels sorry for me (did I mention that it was -25C outside?) and tells me to sit in the backseat. I'm sitting in the backseat with all sorts of bags, blankets and a bulletin board that Bargainista purchased for one of the people at work. Kind of like I've been packed in the back seat. So we cannot get the trunk shut now. Building Guy (after stopping to help the person who needs help but doesn't speak English.... did I mention that it was uber cold out?) goes back into IKEA to purchase $1.50 rope at the front cash register, we get it tied shut and figure that now... we had better hit the freeway and speed home. Building Guy can't fit in the driver's seat because we've pulled it so far to the front that I have to drive. After almost sticking to the street because it was so cold, we finally got the bookshelf into the house... and my dad woke up early on Saturday to build my bookshelf, put up some organizers. Oh yeah, he also put up the only carbon monoxide detector that needed to be wired in the basement instead of just plugging it in. My dad seemed eager to leave yesterday morning, I wonder why?

4 comments:

LeahRenfrew said...

sounds like quite the adventure! cool book shelf! have a great day

happygeek said...

I can just picture this! Poor uncle L.

momofthecrazies said...

That is why we love family. It's amazing what our dad's will do for us.

Bargainista said...

Anythings worth it for you knittinchick', but somehow i laughed more just reading your blog now than i did that 'cool' night.