Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's Saturday!

Yeah for sleeping in! Yeah for wearing jammies until late in the morning. Yeah for keeping it simple. This weekend is brought to you by:

  • Oriental chicken-pull out your beloved slow cooker, put 6 boneless chicken breasts in there. Combine 1/2 cup of soy and 1/2 of honey with 2 tbsps of sesame seeds (if you have them) and spoon over each chicken breast or just dump it if you're in a rush! Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with rice. (If you're feeling gourmet, add a small spoonful of crushed garlic and ginger from the fridge!)
  • Wax paper-If you are out of Swiffer replacements for your dry sweep, just put wax paper there. Cheaper, efficient and innovative are you!
  • Cupcakes-I love them. They are so cheerful and you can look so creative without too much effort. You can rip off all these ideas and look like you're the best mom or auntie.

Have a great weekend. If you want to be jealous, you can think of me today at 11:00 when I'm at dim sum with good friends.

5 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

I love cupcakes. I no longer seem to make birthday cakes for the crazies as cupcakes are SO much easier to decorate!

Enjoy Dim Sum. I'm just glad I don't have to go!

Bargainista said...

Cupcakes ARE a winner. If you mess up on decorating one, the whole cake isn't ruined, and you can adapt each one to preferences and avoid allergies.

Wax paper for a swiffer cloth replacement?? i am going to try that and if it works, well that will really take the cupcake! Sorry! my dad's 'humor' sneaking in there.

Jocelyn said...

HAPPY SATURDAY!!

Rima said...

Hello!
This is Rima from Knitallyear/www.yarnydaya. Thank you for your comment on my Grandma's hat!

Also, I love cupcakes. In all shapes, forms...

happygeek said...

Dim Sum. Yeah, not jealous at all, went once with a touch of the stomach flu and watched my dad and brother eat ducks tongue. NEVER been back since!