Tuesday, January 15, 2008

White trash neighborhood

Well, I never thought that I'd be where I am living... a single girl living in suburbia and enjoying it for the most part. While I miss living next door to the Farmer's Market, within walking distance of fabulous consignment stores and independent coffee shops, I have a safe neighborhood. However, we've turned a bit trashy. Last night there were Wizard of Oz windstorms (80mile/hour winds) that woke up most of the city and I could feel the wind outside blowing up a storm. My beautiful neighborhood that everyone takes good care of and is fairly decent turned trashy last night during the storm. There was garbage EVERYWHERE. I was wondering why someone had put garbage bags right by my car, there were empties rolling on the road and driving into the local coffee shop, I had to swerve to avoid being hit by a rolling garbage can. Then I realized that my neighborhood hasn't gone to seed-today's garbage day! Oh, I'll have to remember to pray a little prayer of blessing for those fabulous city sanitation workers today. Note to self: I love my job. I don't have their job.

No comments: