Thursday, January 10, 2008

Get this girl some help!

I know that you're glad that I am seeking professional help... but no, I'm not getting as much as you probably think that I need. The other day I went to a naturopath to seek some help with energy, digestion and a couple other things but mostly energy issues. SO... I'd never been in there before and didn't know what to expect but one of my good friends, Designin' Girl, highly recommended her. I had braced myself for incense burning, hemp furniture, wind chimes by the outside door, the naturopath to be wearing a long flowing mumu. I was also keeping an eye out for any crystals swinging around. I also stopped beforehand at Opa! for caesar salad and calamari in case I couldn't eat normal food again. Oh yes, I didn't wear my leather jacket there either in case that would be offensive. I used my most natural, unscented hair shampoo as well (you never know!) I do recycle but I'm not the most trendily green person. More like suburbia green. Imagine my relief when I met the nicest professionally trained doctor who listened to me, pegged me as being a people rescuer and fixer and she got me on natural supplements to help with all the issues. I'm a fan. And she encouraged me to eat nourishing foods for the next month-lasagnas, mashed potatoes, hamburger soup that would get my immunity up. Now I think that she might have a Wonder Woman outfit underneath her nice and stylish black pants and sweater. Now... don't worry. I have not become a vegan, soy drinking, hemp wearing person who wears tie-dyed t-shirts and says peace out all the time. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find some beef for lunch.

2 comments:

Bargainista said...

Great! Am cheering for you! Hope that you soon notice an increased level of energy. Now if you can just remember to not try to 'save' the whole world.

momofthecrazies said...

I'm all for comfort foods! I've become addicted to hamburger soup. Glad to hear she's helping with your energy issues.

I think I'm going to have to make hamburger soup tomorrow...