Friday, January 4, 2008

The people that you meet

Ok... I have to tell you. I have a Wierd People Magnet that was inserted into my head when I was under massive drugs getting my wisdom teeth pulled. This magnet attracts all sorts of people and creates the most interesting moments at times. You can't see it until you've been with me at interesting moments and I've had friends turn to me afterwards and tell me that I was not lying to them. (Why would I lie about these things?) Case in point: Before Christmas, I was shopping for Bargainista at Mark's Work Wearhouse for a Carhart jacket for my dear brother. I was on my cell phone talking to a friend who I thought could help me but that was unsuccessful. I saw Trucker Guy looking at me while I was on the phone and didn't think anything of it until I was off the phone. He started following me around the men's work wear section trying to be helpful in my purchasing options. This guy had the most interesting and bushy beard (combed up to the chin and then down towards the chin) and told me all about his encounters with the police (!?!), his daughter totalling a vehicle and all the jobs that he has had in his life. Trust me, I did NOTHING to encourage this. This went on for a good ten minutes. Finally, I was able to shake him by popping into the women's unmentionables section but when I went to pay for my purchases, there he was again. He started talking to me again like we were long lost friends now!!! Wow! I must be the Bermuda Triangle for awkward moments with my magnet. Now for me to figure out how to rig this magnet to attract single, rich men without tons of baggage, who don't live with their moms and definitely don't wear white athletic socks with dress pants.

4 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

You are hilarious! Thanks for giving me a laugh!

(Another reason not to get my wisdom teeth removed!)

Bargainista said...

Too bad you had all your wisdom teeth extracted. i could talk to another oral surgeon (i have connections--i used to be in the dental business),to see if he could help with an adjustment to the 1st disaster.
'Rooting' for you!

happygeek said...

Nothing wrong with a man who wears althletic socks with his dress pants, nothing at all! It's when he pairs winter boots with the ensemble and preaches in it that we have a few mroe issues.

KnittinChick said...

Oh my... thanks for that mental picture Happy Geek!