Friday, March 14, 2008

Measure twice, cut once

You've heard good planners and probably any DIYer say, "Measure twice, cut once." I've decided this can apply to other areas of your life such as being a good friend and picking up stuff for a coworker @ Costco.

Case in point: yesterday, a coworker asked me to pick her up a Blackberry when I went there. She asked if I'd have the money and I reassured her that it is not after the 15th of the month so I could pick it up for her. My inside voice was saying, "Don't you want to buy that yourself? That's a pretty big purchase?" She said that she thought maybe she had the cash for it in her purse and pulled out a $10 bill. Now my inside voice was wondering how to gently break it to her that you can't purchase a Blackberry for $10.
When I asked for clarification, she wanted blackberries-you know, the fruit. Two packages for $7.98 and we're happy. Again, measure twice, cut once! It tends to be a bit cheaper.

3 comments:

Bargainista said...

Ha! Ha! Now if that had been your mom, you would not have thought for one moment that it was anything but fruit. And of course, you would have been right.

happygeek said...

You know you've been in teh 21st century for too long when...

Jocelyn said...

You make me proud. Very very proud!

PS Will you be at house on Tuesday **ALREADY***??? :)