Saturday, March 15, 2008

Getting ready for Easter

Isn't it wild how early Easter is coming this year? A little bit of trivia for you: I don't think that it will ever be this early again. I have come up with some fabulous ideas to keep your Easter easy...

  1. If you are like me and are crazy like I was last year this year I invited myself to my auntie and uncle's place and had twenty people coming over after working all Easter morning, I had to be organized. Bring in the beloved slow cooker. (This year I have two so I'd use both...) Make your stuffing in there. I cut all the bread the night before and had it sitting on the counter and then just throw in the liquid in the next morning. Plug in and then take everyone's compliments.
  2. Be like the lady at the LYS who is giving her kids gift cards instead of chocolate. Less cavities, hyperactivity and running around.
  3. Use your Swiffer wet mop refills to clean your car... it cleans it up so nicely and your car smells so pretty.
  4. Take time to enjoy the view and knit a bit on your Pinwheel Sweater.

Have a great Easter! It should be nice and taste of spring-y!

4 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

How many knitting projects do you have on the go right now? How many do you do in a month? Can people hire you to finish their knitting projects that have been sitting untouched for a couple of years? (Hypothetically speaking, of course!)

I give my kids books instead of candy for Easter. This way I can keep all the chocolate to myself!!

happygeek said...

swiffer wetjet pads in the car? Great idea!
Or you could just not give your kids anything for Easter.
Simple and cheap. (That would be me in a nutshell.)
WE've got two birthdays this week, Eater may not get much of a nod this year between the birthdays and moving and what-not.

Bargainista said...

i know an even better way to simplify your Easter. Get enough time off work, fill your gas tank up and head for your parents place. i promise you, you can sit back and knit while i get the meals altogether.
(Altho' i know that you would have to be in there helping and spreading Easter cheer!).

momofthecrazies said...

Bargainista, is this offer open for nieces too? I love not having to cook my own meals!