Monday, December 24, 2007

I'm never going to grow up!

I've decided that I am NEVER going to grow up. Here's why:

  1. When I come to Bargainista's house... she cooks for me. She made me new recipes and favorite foods when I come visit. Talk about being spoiled. Tomorrow is the candy cane marshmallow dessert-yum!
  2. Grown ups have to have goals, plans and aspirations. If I don't grow up, then anytime I have a mature thought, it's time for celebration.
  3. Bargainista fixes pants that I buy and are too big for me. She's right now trying to figure out her brand new sewing machine to fix my pants.
  4. Grown ups don't usually admit to things that seem rather juvenile. Like when they go cross country skiing for the first time in a long time and spend a good chunk of the time on their bottom hoping that they don't slide right off the hill into the in the trees on the side. And even taking off their skiis coming up the big hill about half way up b/c it just wasn't successful. Skiing is skiing even when you are holding the skis in your hand, right?

Don't tell everyone at my workplace but I'm just pretending when I say mature things and act like a grown up. The longer I have them in the dark, the better.

2 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Is the marshmallow/candy cane dessert the same one my mom makes? Yummy! I LOVE that dessert! We had mocha mousse for Christmas. Also very yummy!

KnittinChick said...

Oh... mocha mousse and the candy cane dessert are in the same category. Pure comfort food. I'm sure that Bargainista's recipe came from your mom.