So... in my work, I deal with people a lot. I meet at Starbucks often (insert caffeine high perk!) to talk to people and use the phone A LOT! Often about confidential matters as well. So lately, I've been having some issues with my work phone. I bring to you the past two weeks of conversation:
- Knittinchick: How are you doing? (normal voice)
- response: I am having problems hearing you!
- KC: Sorry, can you hear me now? (clear voice, a bit louder)
- response: It's a bit better, but it's like you're talking through big static.
- KC: My phone has issues. I'll make it quick. How is your cancer or heart attack or 'health' issues? Can I help you? (now yelling into the phone)
- response: I can hear you now but there is something wrong with your phone.
- KC: I'll email you about the rest of my thoughts. Have a great day (still yelling)
So after two weeks of yelling and rather infuriating frustration with my phone, I insist on the admin who does phone stuff at work replacing my phone. She and another coworker replace the headset but tell me that someone went into my phone and taped over the mouthpiece (as in they took it apart, used up some good quality tape and put it back together).
I'm taking ideas of ways to get back at my coworker. I'd appreciate something that has two weeks of pain for this coworker.