Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back from the Big Apple!

So... I just got back from an amazing trip to the Big Apple. Here's some highlights from the first night...
Times Square at night... a rush!
The M& M Store... who would know that you could fill a full three stories with M & M stuff!
Along with Yankee and Mets mix... even though it's not named that!
The evening was finished off with pizza at John's Pizzeria.
As we were eating our really yummy pizza, I looked around and noticed that it looked oddly familiar. I had seen this picture in a magazine article about a church that became a pizza place.

This was the first church of the denomination of church that I have been involved with for my full life. I couldn't believe how much it was full of serendipity. I'd say that it was a bit of a mecca but it was just too full of "Can you believe this?" to call it mecca. Cool... The evening was topped off with a very hot wait in the subway to avoid having to walk several more miles before bed!

5 comments:

happygeek said...

Very cool.
Glad you got to get away!
Good luck with the new jobbie!

momofthecrazies said...

I was thinking about you in church this morning. Glad you're home and had a good vacation. Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

Bargainista said...

Thanks for sharing the photo's and a bit from your lst day there.
How totally cool that you ended up at John's Pizzeria. i think i read that same article in the magazine.
Wow! The timing of that visit is certainly significant.

momofthecrazies said...

Hi knittinchick! Just wondering how your week has gone. I'd send you an email, but I can't seem to find your address. We've been thinking about you and we'll chat once I'm in the house.

Have a great weekend!

granola_granny said...

WOW!